SACDS extends our condolences to family and colleagues of our departed members. SACDS recently lost a Past President of our society, Dr. Stephen S. Yuen.
Stephen S. Yuen, DDS
February 8, 1931 - December 4, 2019
SACDS and the dental community has lost an outstanding member. Dr. Stephen Yuen, passed away on December 4th at the age of 88. Born in Canton, China, Yuen received his bachelor’s degree from the University of California at Berkeley in 1952, and went on to receive his dental degree from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in 1956.
He owned a private practice from 1956 until 1993, and joined Southern Alameda County Dental Society in 1959. He served as Editor for SACDS from 1963-1967, and was President of the Society from 1969-1970.
Professional Experience includes:
* California Dental Association (CDA)—President—1978-1979
* Editor, CDA Journal—1970-1975
* Chairman, Council on Legislation—1980-1983
* American Dental Association—Delegate, House of Delegates—1969-1989
* California State Board of Dental Examiners—1994-1996
* President, State Board of Dental Examiners—1996-1996
Additional Honors, Awards, and Activities include:
* International College of Dentists, Golden Pen Award For Journalism—1972
* Pierre Fauchard Academy, Meritorius Service Award—1984
* University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, Madallion of Distinction—1985
* CDA, Annual Fall Scientific Session Dedicatee—1989
* U.S. House of Representatives, Citation for Outstanding Service—1991
* Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Honorary Member—1993
* International College of Dentists, Excellence In Dentistry Award—2004
* International College of Dentists—1974—Editor, ICD-News Cal—2002-Present
* Asian-American Capital Corporation, Chairman of the Board—1990-1995
* Perennial Reunion Chairman, UOP Class of 1956—1956-Present