Turning Implant Impossibilities Into Reality For Even More Patients
By popular request, Dentatus is returning to collaborate with Southern Alameda County Dental Society to offer ADVANCED TRAINING on Narrow Diameter Implants. This practical hands-on workshop will leave you confident to provide a unique treatment option for your DENTURE or FIXED PROSTHETIC patients. This training program is designed for anyone currently offering or referring implant dentistry to their patients.
Dr. Paul Petrungaro
Surgical Director at Start Smiling Chicago
Dr. Paul Petrungaro graduated from Loyola University Dental School in 1986, and completed an independent study of Periodontics at the Welsh National Dental School in Wales, UK. He completed his residency in Periodontics and has a specialty certificate in addition to a Masters of Science degree in Periodontics from Northwestern University Dental School. He is the former Coordinator of Implantology, Graduate Department of Periodontics, Northwestern University Dental School. Dr. Petrungaro has been in private practice of Periodontics and Implantology since 1988, and holds a license in Illinois and Washington. He is a fellow of the International & American College of Dentists, and a Diplomat of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Dr. Petrungaro is recognized around the world for his diversified seminars and lectures on advanced periodontal, prosthetic and implant interrelationships, bone re-generation and esthetic tissue formation, the All-on-4 Treatment Concept "surgical protocol", zygomatic "rescue" implants, the treatment of failing implants, and the reconstruction of previously failed implant cases, immediate restoration of dental implants and the use of platelet rich plasma in bone grafting throughout the US, Europe, Canada, Australia, South America, and Israel. In addition, he has authored numerous articles covering subjects such as cosmetic bone grafting and esthetic implant procedures. Dr. Petrungaro continuously contributes to many new innovations in multiple disciplines of surgical dentistry.
Coffee & Breakfast Pastries & Working Lunch Included - 7 CE Hours
2 Education Models ($765 Value)
Implant Team: GP & Periodontists registering together: - $750.00
ADA/CDA Member: - $465.00
Non ADA/CDA Member: - $550.00
Auxiliary Members: - $350.00
*Last Day To Register Is: July 5th
*Last Day For Refunds is: July 19th
*Reservations MUST be made in advance & are not confirmed until payment is received in full at time of registration. Attendees who No-Show or who fail to give notice of cancellation by July 19th for this event will not receive a refund.
Green Dentistry: THC and teeth?
What you need to know about cannabis and oral health.
- This course is for doctors, hygienists, assistants, and front office staff. Marijuana is the most commonly used recreational drug in the United States. 23 states currently have some form of legalized marijuana; eight states have legalized it for recreational use. It is estimated that over 10% of the US population uses it at least once a month. This course will be an unbiased and evidence based presentation of marijuana and it's role in dentistry. An introduction to the usage of marijuana in the general public population will first be discussed. Second, will be about the pharmacology of marijuana. In the third part of this course you will learn how the use of marijuana by your patients affects their dental care.
At the conclusion of the course the participants will:
- Understand the pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of marijuana
- Understand how marijuana usage by patients effects their oral health; specific focus on oral pathology, caries risk, and periodontal disease
- Understand interactions of THC with commonly used prescribed medications and be familiar with medical emergencies related to THC
- Learn how to communicate with your patients regularly using cannabis
Presented by: Barry Taylor, DMD, FAGD, FACD, CDA
Dr. Barry Taylor is an Assistant Professor in Restorative Dentistry at the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry. In addition he also is a part-time associate in private practice at Woodburn Community Dental. Prior to attending the OHSU School of Dentistry he worked as a research assistant for two years in the field of Neuropsychopharmacology at the U.S. Veteran's Hospital in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Taylor has served as the Oregon Dental Association's Editor for ten years and is the ODA's President-Elect. He also has had leadership positions with the Oregon Academy of General Dentistry, American College of Dentists, Academy of General Dentistry, Delta Sigma Delta and the American Dental Association. Dr. Taylor has been awarded the "Dentist of the Year" from both the Oregon AGD and the Washington County Dental Society. He is also currently enrolled as a student in OHSU's Human Investigation Program.
Dinner included - 2 CE Units
Members - $40.00
Guests/Staff - $50.00
Non members - $85.00
*No Children Allowed At CE Events
CPR Re-Certification Courses